March is the time of year when most people are ready for the snow to melt and the sun to come out. Hopefully we’ll be lucky enough to receive some early spring sunshine in the Pacific Northwest and there are plenty of fun activities this month (indoor and outdoor) in Victoria, Seattle, Vancouver and Portland. Whether you’re looking for live music, art, food and wine events, theater or comic book conventions, March has a little bit of everything!
Victoria: There’s still a little time to catch Dine Around Victoria where participating restaurants offer 3 course meals for $20, $30, $40 or $50 per person. Also, Pacific Baroque Festival is celebrating the music of J.S. Bach with several notable performers who specialize in the Baroque period.
- Dine Around and Stay in Town (through March 9)
- Victoria Spoken Word Festival (March 4-9)
- Victoria Conservatory of Music’s Pacific Baroque Festival (March 6-9)
- Belfry SPARK Festival (March 17-30)
Seattle: If you’re interested in seeing a musical, celebrating St. Patrick’s Day or dressing up for Comicon– Seattle has a little bit of everything in March. Food and wine enthusiasts will enjoy Taste Washington showcasing Washington food and wine and if you’re interested in art you’ll enjoy SAM’s Miro exhibit.
- 5th Avenue Theatre and ACT present Little Shop of Horrors (March 8-June 15)
- Broadway at the Paramount presents The Lion King (March 12-April 6)
- Irish Festival (March 15-16)
- St. Patrick’s Day Dash (March 16)
- Northwest Women’s Show (March 21-23)
- Emerald City Comicon (March 28-30)
- Taste Washington (March 29-30)
- Best of the Northwest Spring Show (March 29-30)
- Seattle Art Museum presents Miro: The Experience of Seeing (through May 26) Read the rest of this entry »